Who We Are
What Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
We collect the personal information that you consent to submitting when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, using our website, submitting your information on web forms (Typeform, Calendly, Facebook Lead Ads, etc), or contacting us through other means. The personal information that we collect depends on in what ways you interact with us and our services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data: We collect your first and last name, email address, home address and home information used for service qualification (shade report, avg electric bill payment, etc), postal code, phone number, and other similar contact data when submitted.
- Payment Information: We collect payment information only when accepting payment via credit card or for installment based payments. Payment information will be stored securely on our end and safely deleted when payments are fully processed.
Any and all personal information submitted must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to your information so that we can properly continue contact. See the Contact Info provided below to inform us.
Information collected from other sources
In some circumstances, we may obtain information about you from sources outside the Company, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include:
- Social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification)
- Marketing leads
- Search terms (gathered through paid search advertising)
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, for your safety, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included, as visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How We Use Your Information
This section will describe the business purposes for which we use your data. We utilize your personal information in pursuance of our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into and/or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with any legal obligations formed as a result of the contract. All purposes for which personal information will be used is outlined below.
We use your information in order to:
- Send marketing and promotional communications: We, and/or any third party marketing partners we work with, may use the personal information you send to us for marketing purposes, in accordance with user preferences (preferred method of contact). You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time using “Unsubscribe” links found in every email, or by informing us you wish to opt out by other methods of contact.
- Deliver targeted advertising: We, as well as third party marketers, may use your information to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests and/or location on social media, and to measure the effectiveness of said advertising. You can opt-out of social media advertising by choosing to hide our ads (the method by which varies by site).
- Request Feedback: We may use your information to reach out and request feedback on our services, including customer testimonials, reviews, etc.
- To Deliver Services to the User: We may use your information to provide you with the requested service, such as using your email and phone to contact you and proceed with a consultation, use your address to ensure your home qualifies for solar, etc.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users: We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues with our website, social media, web forms, services, etc.
- For other Business Uses: We may use your information for other Business activities, such as analytics, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services or products, marketing and user experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
Why We Share Data and Who We Share It With
We may process or share data based on the following circumstances:
- Consent: We may utilize your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a given circumstance (eg, if you agree to a consent statement on a web form).
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is necessary to achieve our business interests, which are elaborated on elsewhere in the policy.
- Fulfillment of a Contract: We may use your information to fulfil contractual obligations, such as providing services, etc.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose personal information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, or in another legal context, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet the needs of law enforcement).
- Violations: We may disclose personal information where it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies or the law, such as suspected fraud, threats to the Company or an individual (whether a member of the Company, a contractor, or third party providing services), or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Your data may be shared with:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or marketers who perform services for us, and require access to your data to execute that work. Examples include:
- Processing payments
- website hosting services
- customer service firms
- email, social media, and other marketing efforts
- We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the website, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the site. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and to better understand online activity.
- Transfers of Ownership: We may transfer your information as the result of a merger, financing, or acquisition of all/a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services relevant to your interests
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Unless stated otherwise elsewhere in this Policy, we do NOT share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their own usage purposes.
How Long We Keep Your Information
For comments on our site, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Regarding the Personal Information of Minors
We do not knowingly solicit information from any users under the age of 18. By submitting any information, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age, or that you are the parent/ guardian of a minor and consent to the minor’s submittal of information. If we become aware of data from minors being collected, we will promptly delete such data from our records. If you are aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Regarding the Personal Information of California and EU Residents
Recent bills have granted extra data protections to users in California and the European Union. As we do not do business in either of these territories, we do not knowingly solicit information from residents of these areas, and as such, all data collected from them will not be stored or used, and will be anonymized and deleted as soon as possible for compliance reasons.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing pieces of data that are saved to your device and accessed when websites are loaded or otherwise used. Cookies are typically used in order to save preferences, such as entries into forms on a website. Cookies are set either by the site itself, or by third parties (parties that are placing advertising or other data gathering services on the website). Websites may also contain web beacons or pixels, which are small, invisible images that are used to gather data and track campaign performance. While similar, they are not cookies and are not stored as if they were. Even with cookies fully disabled, pixels may still load, but not all data will not be collected.
- Collect information on the browsing habits of users
- Collect statistics regarding website activity
- Temporarily store information that users enter in forms (ie: signup forms, calculators, etc)
- Collect information about you that is stored through Facebook Pixel, in order to reach out to you regarding our services.
- For more information on how data is used by Facebook through the Pixel, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/legal/technology_terms.
Cookies can be set at any time, such as upon loading a page, or when a site visitor takes an action (pressing a button, creating an entry into a form, etc). If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. Currently, cookies and pixels are only placed on our website. If any changes are made to this, the policy will be updated and a notice of the revision date will be added to the page.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obligated to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, all users are free to restrict what cookies are set or prevent them from being set altogether. Many browsers have internal settings or add-ons that allow for this. Please note, however, that if you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect the functionality of certain features or services of our website. To opt-out of third-party targeted advertising on our Website, please visit aboutads.info/choices.
How we protect your data
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures that prevent data from being accessed by anyone who is not approved to see it (see above). However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from anywhere you submit your information to us is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment (ie, from secure WiFi in your home or office).